Saturday 1 February 2014

The Biggest Compliment of All.

Today I received the Biggest Compliment of All.

It wasn't about my new hairstyle, it wasn't my new nail polish. It wasn't even my lovely soft new scarf.

It was the best compliment I have ever received. 

"You are a wonderful Mum and you should be proud of what you've achieved so far".

This was what my friend told me this morning. 

She told me I was doing a fabulous job. 

She told me that Freddie was wonderful.

I am proud.

Immensely proud of Freddie.

After all,  he's amazing.

He's beautiful.

He's clever.

He's mischievous.

He's got the sunniest personality of anyone I've ever met.

I am proud of him. 

I spend a lot of my time feeling guilty.

I feel guilty that;

Sometimes he has a few too many chocolate buttons in a day.

Sometimes he watches a bit too much CBeebies.

Sometimes we spend all day in our onesies.

Sometimes we don't leave the house all day.

But still he's all those things.

It got me thinking. Maybe...

He's amazing. Because of me.

He's beautiful. Because of me.

He's clever. Because of me.

He's mischevious. Because of me Daddy

He's got the sunniest personality of anyone I've ever met. Because of me.

So rather than feeling guilty, I'm going to make a point of feeling proud.

Sometimes we become consumed with the things were doing wrong that we overlook the things that we do right. 



But looking at this smiling face, I know. Everything is right.



No comments:

Post a Comment