Wednesday 9 January 2013

In the Wars...

Freddie is well and truly in the wars recently.

As his mummy, even if he had a cold, I feel deeply saddened. I would take it 15 times over instead of him having to suffer. 

We went for his 16 weeks vaccinations on Tuesday but whilst I was changing him before setting off, I noticed he had a rash all over his body. I took him to the surgery and asked the nurse to take a look at it before he had his jabs.

The doctor came and said he had a high temperature and was not allowed his vaccinations because he seemed to have a viral rash. We took him home and he had some Calpol and all seemed to be fine.

He is also struggling with his teeth and I have a sneaky suspicion that it may only be a matter of days till on cuts through.

To top it off, when he awoke this morning, he had an awful weeping graze on the back of his head that had seemed to appear overnight. We went back to the surgery and it turns out that he's rubbed his cradle cap in the night and it'd become infected! 

He seems OK in himself. He gets that off his Daddy; soldiering on. He didn't mind the Doctor checking him over, in fact, he liked him that much that he wanted to chew on his finger! 

Laughing with Daddy regardless!


Obviously these are only minor problems and I am very lucky that my boy is healthy. I count my blessings and thank God everyday that Freddie is well. It got me thinking about those parents whose children who aren't well. My heart goes out to you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment