Monday 21 October 2013

It's hard work being a Mama...

For the last few days I've been feeling pretty shitty. Sore throat, head ache, general all over body achey feeling, you know the sorts. 

 If I'd have been a man, this would have been man flu. Full blown man flu in all it's glory but instead, I'm a woman and I have to get on with it. Yesterday when I felt like I wanted to curl up and fester in self pity, I went to work for 8 hours.

Today, after just 2 hours sleep, I was awoken by a cross Freddie shouting MAMA MAMA because I'd dared to be asleep when he'd woken and not greeted him within the obligatory 3.25 seconds in which he expects.

If I thought about it, I could cry. Instead, I've cleaned my kitchen cupboards and we are in the process of getting the craft kit out and making Halloween cards. 

Being a Mama means that we don't get sick days.  It's a real test of how I've honed my skills to survive in this world of being a 'parent'. I think I've coped with this feat quite well. How I'll cope when we get orange paint on my carpets we will see. 

It's hard work being a Mama... but it's the best work I've ever done.



No comments:

Post a Comment