Tuesday 4 March 2014

Review: Slugs & Snails Boys Tights

I've been bitten by the whole leggings and tights for boys trend recently after seeing gorgeous Hugo over at Busy Bee Mummy Bex who epitomises cool. He's a real beauty and I love seeing what Bex dresses him in.

I prefer to support independent boutiques that are often run by Mummy's in their spare time so I reached out to the wonder that is Twitter and was kindly directed towards Itsy Bits Children's Boutique

They sell a range of children's tights for both boys and girls and they also stock the most gorgeous tutus and frilly pants! If you have a girl seriously, take a look because the girly items are TDF. 

I ordered some Slugs & Snails 'Out of this World' boys tights for the very reasonable price of £11. The deal clincher for me was that it's free P&P. I have a real aversion to paying for postage so I do try to sought out companies who offer it free where possible. The delivery was very fast and came within 2 days, free of charge. You can't sat fairer than that. 

Although this is a review of the actual tights, I think it's really important to mention that the service I received from Itsy Bits was wonderful. They were very helpful via their Twitter page and answered any questions I had promptly. 



The finishing touches were also lovely and it seemed like a lot of care had been taken into packaging the order up. They arrived wrapped in lovely tissue tied with ribbon and sealed with personalised stickers. What's more, it included a handwritten note thanking me for my purchase and offering a discount on a future order. Things like that are second to none and show an exceptional level of customer service.



The tights themselves were lovely. I really liked the design and Freddie kept pointing to the rocket ships and saying 'whooosh sky'. He certainly found them much more interesting than his usual trouser wear.



They were a lovely quality material and quite thick. We wore them on a milder day where we spent most of our time indoors or in the car but I would say they wouldn't be sufficient in colder weather. They would make an ideal additional layer when it's freezing, as it usually is and they are great for lounging in the house.

Some of the designs are quite 'garish' and suit a more acquired taste. I am a stickler for matching so we teamed them with a red cable knit jumper and navy Converse Hi Tops. If you are significantly cooler than me, which is likely, you could come up with all sorts of cool crazy combinations! 



Sizing was maybe on the smaller size although they are meant to be snug. No one wants to look like Nora Batty when pulling off rocket ship tights. 

We will definitely be purchasing more Snugs & Snails products and I'm keeping my eye out for different looks to try them with. 

* I bought these with my own money but I wanted to express my my thanks to Itsy Bits and show how brilliant the product is!* 


6 comments:

  1. Love Slugs and Snails, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love our Slugs and Snails too - I might have to order another pair soon. I'd agree about the sizing though - Toby is only 8 months and wearing - 12-18 month size!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these!!! Super cool! And thanks for the tip with the shop! Love a bit of free postage!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, we really like them too!

    Always best getting them bigger I think! Especially with the way that these boys grow!

    Definitely recommend Itsy Bits. Lovely lady and the free postage is definitely a pro! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these, they are SO adorable! - check out my review on my 20 month old :D <3 http://radicalnature.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/trendy-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of these tights - the patterns are ace!
    Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete